Any family interested in adopting one of our Chinese Crested puppies or young adults, they must follow the following adoption process:
- Read everything on our website
- Fill out a Crested Adoption Form
- Arrange a Skype call with me and Tim, and do at least 2 calls
- If you are qualified, we will need to see your driver’s license or other official ID to verify who you are (we don’t want someone adopting one of our puppy with ill intentions). Then we will work with you with a puppy we have or on a future puppy.
- Any puppy or young adult you want and will be the perfect fit for you will stay at our home until they are 6 months to be spayed or neutered prior to leaving our home. We are very serious about our puppies not being bred and passed around.
- You will pay for the puppy’s adoption fee, the health checkup, flight certificate, rabies vaccination, micro chipping and spay or neuter at least 2 weeks before the spay or neuter.
- Normally, families pay the Puppy Nanny at the airport at the time of the puppy being hand delivered but international families will pay the Nanny prior to the Nanny flying (as of 11/8/16, all our Puppy Nannies fly with United Airlines) with the puppy. The Puppy Nanny will give a quote on the fee, depending on the country. OR you can come to our home or airport and fly home with your puppy (read FLY IN TO PICK UP PUPPY article).
- Pet Contract will be signed by us and you prior to your puppy flying with Nanny or at the time you pick up your puppy.
- Since the food and supplements are only available in the USA, we will give a 2 year genetic health guarantee instead of the standard 8 year. All other terms and conditions must be adhered to from the PUPPY CONTRACT, as posted on our website, including emailing us each year with an update on your puppy and pictures.
Most families prefer an easier path. We believe they should so their due diligence and completely interview breeders and then make the best choice for them. Not every family who contacts us is right for us and our puppies. Being picky and getting to know our families have been in the best interest of our puppies and the extra work has been well worth it for us.
Please remember: puppies are living beings and not expensive purses. Contemplation must be taken to insure you are ready for a puppy, work with the best breeder you can find and bring home the perfect puppy for your family. Your puppy should live for years and give you unconditional love. Be compassionate and do the right thing.
We will post INTERVIEWING BREEDERS article which will cover what to consider and look for in a breeder.
Read more about Pet Travel Requirements to Finland, Malta, Norway, Ireland or United Kingdom on the link below.